Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Diggin’ the “Spirit of Freedom”

 (14-18 April 2011)

Port Douglas was an ideal place to relax for a few days after my Daintree tour, but it was time to move onto my next adventure!  Sorry there are so few photos of the lovely Pt. Dougie (see end of previous post), but I simply couldn’t be bothered for some reason to take more than 2 pics. ;)

On Thursday (14 April) I humbly hopped onto the public bus from Port Douglas and then majestically stepped off at the VIP red-carpeted private tarmac, where I would begin my most glorious 5-day dive trip.  Wait a sec, a DIVE trip that starts at the airport?!  Yes, indeed, that’s how I roll, y’all!!...apparently. ;)  Four other passengers and I boarded the small aircraft, which flew us north over the GBR and Queensland coast to Lizard Island, where we met up with our dive vessel, the “Spirit of Freedom.”

This dive vessel was tricked out in every respect to make it comfortable for all the wonderful folks who actually paid full price for the trip ;)  Sun deck, dive deck, full kitchen and dining room, lounge, satellite phone, ID guides… basically: It all!!

The rest is history!  The trip schedule was as follows: wake up, [eat, nap, dive] x 4, sleep, repeat.  Check out my Picasa album for the photos taken by the SOF crew and divemasters.  The slideshow is below, but if it doesn't appear/work, click here to go to the online album).

No comments:

Post a Comment